The modern world’s emphasis on self-expression…often means that much of what passes for communication is simply someone stating their own opinion. Or worse yet, argument. While it may be entertaining, it’s rarely productive. True communication occurs when the people work together to achieve clarity, whether their goal is exchanging information, generating ideas, or resolving a problem.
In a single, intensive day, you’ll learn to use a six-step model for achieving your communication goals through productive dialogue.
Anyone who needs to communicate collaboratively within and among organizational levels.
In Mastering Interpersonal Communication™, individuals explore the key skills of productive dialogue and begin to achieve their communication goals through a six-step process:
- Open a discussion.
- Recognize the other person’s viewpoint.
- Give your information clearly.
- Create clarity and understanding.
- Brainstorm to overcome obstacles.
- Ensure the next steps are taken.
In addition, individuals identify their core personality traits, recognize core traits in others, and explore how and when to adapt their actions and style to promote effective communication.
- Wider understanding of a range of views and perceptions.
- Improved collaboration and teamwork.
- Reduced stress due to miscommunication.
- Improved morale and productivity.
- Reduced costs due to mistakes and rework.
- A cultural shift to focus on solutions, rather than on problems.