No one is born knowing how to write effectively…but all successful leaders must master the skill. Thanks largely to technology, we are sending more information in writing than ever before.
To write effectively, you must understand your readers, deﬁne your purpose and outcome, develop a strategy, use the appropriate tone and style, and edit and proof your messages. These steps are the “secret” to writing clear and effective business documents—from emails to procedures, from reports to instructions. In a single, intensive day, you’ll learn all the skills associated with each of the ﬁve critical steps to effective business writing.
Writing clearly is a key success factor in business. Write Up Front® helps learners organize their thoughts, write the draft, check readability, and edit for tone, style, and persuasive impact.
Anyone who must communicate in writing to achieve business goals.
Guided by the skilled instructor and focused on topics from their own jobs, individuals apply simple guidelines to a range of common documents, including:
The day concludes as individuals complete a critical document from their business world.
- Less time writing and revising.
- Increased individual credibility and business impact through clear, concise writing for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Increased chance that readers will act because they quickly understand what’s written.
- Reduced e-mail volume because the first message achieves its goal.
- Writing that helps the organization control its message and burnish its brand in the market.